jeudi 16 février 2012

Renaissance, Man!

Bonsoir Blog,

I would first like to give a shout out to all those domain names that a short list of bloggers has made unavailable to me. This blog will officially NOT be called "what the crepe," "pardon my french," "monsieur crepe," or, alas, "crepe-y teacher." We'll that last one actually IS available, but thankfully my better judgement led me in another direction.

So here I am in the "bleugrass." Ah, the Bluegrass. Home to bourbon, Versailles (that's vur-SAILS ya'll), and Thoroughbreds. I recently learned that prior to prohibition and thanks to a certain Jean Jacques Dufour, Kentucky was previously home to the US's very first vineyards. French connection? Swiss, actually, but don't my word for it, see http://www.kentuckywine.com/about/history/.

I suppose only time will tell whether life in the Bleugrass will turn out to be dryer or sweeter than "My Life in Brittany."

Here's to you!
Biz





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire